Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Can D I Y

With Summer in full swing I have been working really hard to get our outdoor area looking better and feeling a little more inviting. Actually summer is almost over...I realized this morning that I only have 32 more days until school starts. Better late than never!

Many years ago my grandparents had a lovely screened in porch where we would all sit and visit with each other. In my first memories of the classic iron patio furniture it was painted yellow and the cushions were a white, kind of plastic fabric with yellow piping. Then at some point the yellow was changed to a pastel green with more modern cream cushions. Unfortunately I failed to get a before picture of the pieces while still green...but the furniture looks great painted black!!



In my heart I really wanted to keep this fabric on the dinning chair cushions. Knowing that my grandmother picked it out just made my heart happy. Unfortunately all of the other cushions in the patio area are a more distinct off white. We thought about trying a tea stain...but ultimately decided we needed a "younger" look. This is where my new Do It Yourself skills come in.

We picked out a very fun and colorful outdoor fabric.

I cut the fabric into 26" squares, purchased a staple gun, and...


Voila!


Loretta likes it :)

Stayed tuned for more outdoor updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment